Lately, I’ve been feeling like I need some more color in my life (I can always do with more color). I have a ton of really fun boho chic jewelry but my jewelry boxes and organizer are boring and don’t really reflect my style. So, this weekend I decided to change that and make myself a new boho chic jewelry box that really reflects my personal style. If you follow me on Snapchat (and you should! – rattlesandheels) You know that I was really excited about how this DIY came out. I love it so much that I had to share it because it’s very simple to make yet unique. This Boho Chic Jewelry Box will also make a wonderful handmade gift for your friends 🙂
To make my Boho Chic jewelry box, I purchased this unfinished wooden jewelry box at my local craft store, here’s a similar one I found on Amazon.
You’re going to need:
- Paint. I used Martha Stewart Crafts All surface metallic gold paint.
- Small paint brush.
- Hot glue gun.
- Fabric of choice.
- Small Phillips-Tip screwdriver.
- Unscrew all hardware from the wooden box and put them away in safe place. Your box should look like the photo below.
- Measure your fabric to cover the entire surface of the top of your box and cut.
- Using your heated hot glue gun, stick the fabric to the top of the jewelry box.
- Paint the second half of the box with your metallic paint. The Matha Stewart All Purpose Paint that I used was perfect because it dried really quickly.
- Allow to dry.
- Using a small pin find the holds for the screws are carefully reinstall them through the fabric on the top of the jewelry box. I found that the pins were enough to punch a hole since the screws were really small and my fabric did not get damaged.
- Do the same for the second half of the box, once the paint is completely dry.
- Once the hardware is installed to both attach them back to each other.Voila! You’re finished.
Go ahead and store your boho chic jewelry 😉
Super simple right? I told you it was easy! This will look great on your dresser or in your closet.
What would you store in this DIY Boho Chic Jewelry Box?